WE OPEN ON 31ST MARCH UNTIL 30TH SEPTEMBER 2023
BOOK NOW FOR 2023... AT 2022 PRICES!
NEW ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND OPENING SPRING 2023
We are a small family campsite and welcome well-behaved dogs. We are located in the Wye Valley near Symonds Yat, on top of Great Doward at approximately 140m above sea level, in-between the historic market town of Ross on Wye in Herefordshire and the tradition county town of Monmouth. We are just inside the England border next to the Forest of Dean and only a mile from Wales with the border being the river. Due to our peaceful, secluded woodland location, and our size, we can only accept group bookings of up to 2 pitches. As we are located in the forest, campers are not permitted to have open fires or fire pits. You are welcome to have charcoal or gas BBQs.
The Wye Valley
With the Wye Valley being on the doorstep of the campsite, there are many interesting sites to see. The river and Symonds Yat are within walking distance, including the pubs along the river and the famous Symonds Yat rapids. Also a short stroll from the site you can be at King Arthurs Caves or the Seven Sisters Rocks.
Symonds Yat is famous for its picturesque position on the River Wye, also well known for canoeing, bird watching, walking and climbing. All can be accompanied by a stop in one of the riverside pubs. Symonds Yat Rock is also known for its spectacular views across the 3 counties, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and Monmouthshire. Peregrine Falcons can be seen from the viewpoint as well.
We are a small family friendly site, that is able to accommodate tents, trailer tents, camper vans and motorhomes (up to 23ft long). We have both hard standing and grass pitches, and have electric hook up available for all types of pitch. We cannot accommodate touring caravans.
- New toilet facilities for 2019 (3 men’s cubicles, 3 urinals, 4 women’s cubicles).
- Child friendly toilet facilities now installed.
- New pot washing facilities for 2019 (5 sinks now available).
- Free hot showers with hair dryer in women’s (requires 20p).
- Check-in is from 2.30pm; check-out is by 10.30am.
- Small campsite shop selling ice cream, locally sourced produce and other essentials.
- Our campsite shop also serves locally roasted barista coffee and homemade cakes.
- Ice pack freezing available.
- Phone charging in reception for small charity donation (charger required).
- Mobile phone signal is patchy on site, but can be picked up close to the site entrance.
- Camping Gaz cylinders & gas cartridge sales.